Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
Week 2 of the 60 day Body Transformation Challenge is over and I’ve been good this week! I worked out a lot and after meal prepping for 4 hours last Sunday I ate pretty well too.
I did 6 workouts this week.
- 2/1: Interval X with Ruby
- 2/1: 3.11 mile runI took a great Interval class, taught by my friend Ruby. She’s an amazing personal trainer who always has the biggest smile on her face and who’s always ready to help you out if you need it! I loved the energy in class. Everyone was so motivated and we all did such a good job in this class. After class I went home to eat the healthy dinner I had prepared the night before. After finishing my meal I decided to drive back to the gym to get a little run in.
- 2/2: Burn with Sal
- 2/2: K-box with SalDid 2 workouts in a row, because WHY NOT?! 😉 I only have 2 days off during the week, so I figured I should get the most out of those days. Taking classes seems to be the best solution for me to get a great workout in.
- 2/4: MMA Conditioning with SalMy boxing gloves broke so I was freaking out that I wouldn’t be able to take my new favorite class. My friend Maki helped me out by letting me borrow her extra pair of gloves! Thanks to her I got another great sweat session in with Sal!
- 2/6: Beach WorkoutWe met about 200 people who are doing the 60 day challenge by the Hermosa Beach Pier at 7am on Saturday. Nobody knew what to expect, but the workout did not disappoint. I didn’t bring any shoes, just flip flops, because I didn’t want my beloved Nikes to get wet. 😉 I wish I had brought them though because after standing in the sand for about 10 minutes so early in the morning I couldn’t feel my toes anymore. My feet were freezing. 20 minutes into the workout I got all warmed up though and I was happy not to have to carry shoes around with me.There were a couple of different stations and every station had this team building factor in it, which I loved! Everything was about making it to the finish line as a team and helping each other out. It was hard at first, but after a couple of stations we managed to work together perfectly, which was awesome.
My favorite part of the whole beach workout was probably doing burpees and sit-ups in the ocean. At one point while we were doing a sit-up this huge wave came by and covered us all with water and sand. I love getting a little dirty during a workout. I should probably sign up for a Spartan Race or a Mud Run sometime.
I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say: “Because of you, I did not give up!”.
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m so ready for Week 3 of the Challenge!
Good luck everyone!