Thanksgiving inspiration

20131125-161350.jpgIt’s that time of the year again… Thanksgiving week! It’s my first thanksgiving ever and I’m so excited! Yesterday we drove from Redondo Beach to Palm Desert as we are going to spend this holiday in the desert.

As for what they told me, thanksgiving week means lots of YOLO-food. And as the people who know me know, I’m all in for YOLO-food!😉 For the last couple of weeks I have been running a lot and I was planning to continue working out as much as I could here too, because the place where we are staying at has the nicest gym! Unfortunately I’m injured and I just can’t run! I should go see a doctor, but I haven’t had time for that. Also I’m afraid of what he might say, because I love running and working out and I don’t want to put that on hold. On thursday we are going to do a 5k turkey run in Palm Springs, for which I’m super excited, and if my back isn’t better by the end of the week, I’ll go for a check up!😉 Anyway my point is, I deserved a YOLO-week full of my favorite food.

I’m in charge of the mashed potatoes and the appetizers and what’s a better place to look for inspiration than Pinterest?😉

How do you decide on the things you’re going to make? Where do you guys celebrate this holiday?

xoxo
Julie

17 thoughts on “Thanksgiving inspiration

1. Bunny Eats Design says:

Hi Julie, we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving here but I love the term “YOLO-food”. I’ve always been curious about roasting a turkey but not curious enough to actually go out and buy one. They’re crazy expensive here in New Zealand (about 10-20 times the price of a chicken). I’d be afraid to pay that much and then have it turn out only average. Wishing you a lovely Thanksgiving though and I hope you win your Turkey run!

2. The Kiss of Joy says:

Hey Julie hope your first thanksgiving is amazing!! Enjoy the food especially the yummy turkey!!! PS you’re going to also experience your first turkey coma lol!! (you get really tired)

• juliecrombe says:

I’m excited to try the stuffed turkey! Never had that before, but I went grocery shopping with the family here and I like all the ingredients so far! I really believe you when you say I’m going to get tired! Everything is so chill in here and I’m semi off duty, so taking a nap or laying down with a good book brings me in the mood of this chill mode!😉 Happy thanksgiving to you!

3. Mikayla Peterson says:

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog🙂 I really enjoy yours as well. Pinterest really is the best place to look for for inspiration! I followed you on Bloglovin, that’s usually where I read all my blogs🙂

• juliecrombe says:

Thank you for being concerned! I’ll get a checkup next week and hopefully everything is ok! Happy thanksgiving to you and I hope you get to have lots of yummie food too!

• juliecrombe says:

I’m not a gym member and I don’t have a bike here, so I guess I can only rest for now!😉 Little guy is not mine! I’m his au pair but I must say he is the sweetest and cutest baby ever! Thanks for visiting my blog! xo

4. jesh stg says:

Thanks for visiting me earlier! Has been a long time ago that we stayed “home” for Thanksgiving, instead of making the 7-hour drive to our kids and their families. So, in L.A. there are still restaurants open on that day:)
    Hope Pinterest gives you some great recipes, but if not, roasted potatoes (in over) with rosemary is very yummy! Happy Thanksgiving:)