Hello August

20130802-111108.jpg

July has been a busy month for me full of working, visits of foreign friends and so on which means that I didn’t have that much time to go to the gym (even though I swore that I would go!). August is a fresh month to start over and yesterday I already went to the gym and it felt great! I went for a soft work out because I didn’t want to push myself to hard on my first day back. I ran 5,3 kms in 30 minutes, so I was quite happy with that.

I have a friend who runs marathons and I admire her for that and it makes me want to run even more! Yesterday I was talking to her and when she told me how many kilometers she runs I knew that I still had a long way to go! I’m really motivated so wish me luck in my journey!

I’m going to try to combine the Blogilates #SoHotInAugust program with the running work outs and hope that by the end of August I’m going to see a real change already.πŸ˜‰

The name of the program #SoHotInAugust is a great name btw, because today we’re going to have temperatures up to 35Β°C here in Belgium! I hope I can stand it! I put already a bunch of water bottles in the fridge so I have enough to drink in this hotness!

Who else is working out? What do you do to keep fit on hot summer days?

xoxo
Jules

9 thoughts on “Hello August

1. PKChronicles says:

Good luck! I love running, really want to get back into it more, though I’m more a sprinter than long-distance.πŸ™‚

Also good luck with the heat! It gets up to 48Β°C here sometimes, really miserable, humid stuff, haha.

• juliecrombe says:

Thank you! I love it too! Today I ran another 5 km. Couldn’t do more with these temperatures.
      Where do you live? In the desert? :O I can’t even imagine how that feels like!

• PKChronicles says:

5k is still pretty awesome! Go you!

Haha, yes, actually. I live in the United Arab Emirates. Desert climate. Thank god for air conditioning!

2. talktomyshoes says:

First, thankyou for stopping by talktomyshoes. I always love having new visitors and will be following your blog (and looking forward to it!)
    I too enjoy running outside when I can but as the weather here seems to be either too hot or too cold, I find myself on the treadmill instead of outside, more often than I’d like. I’m also a huge fan of yoga and any form of dance.

• juliecrombe says:

It’s all about not giving up! When I use the treadmill I watch the numbers of calories I burn, the amount of time I’m running and the Kms too! Always try to have a nice end number and that’s itπŸ˜‰ good luck with the yoga! Xx

3. veeraimaria says:

Good luck! I had no time work out in July because of my tiring summer job, but now I have time again!πŸ˜€ I usually go swimming if it’s hot, otherwise I just go running.